Digital Content Manager
Peebles Media Group is looking for an experienced digital content manager to join its team in Glasgow.
Peebles Media Group is Scotland’s leading independent publisher with a portfolio of B2B and B2C publications, as well as trade exhibitions and annual award ceremonies.
The Digital Content Manager will oversee the creation of content across all digital channels, meeting the growing demand for fresh, timely content by our readers and driving growth and engagement across these platforms.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience managing the production of digital content across multiple platforms, including web, social media, and email.
- Possess excellent copy writing skills and the ability to create engaging content in a tone and voice that is suitable for the story being told.
- Have a proven track record for creating engaging content across web and social media.
- Have experience with planning and delivering multichannel content campaigns.
- Be able to diversify, working on multiple projects and publications simultaneously.
- Have excellent organisational skills, being able to manage their time effectively to meet deadlines and prioritise work accordingly.
Roles and responsibilities
Core responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working alongside the digital journalist and editorial teams to optimise content for use online, recognising opportunities for exclusive digital content.
- Generating content in different mediums, including text, imagery, and video.
- Increasing reach and engagement across our social channels to grow our audiences and drive growth across our websites.
- Leading in the day-to-day running of social media channels, ensuring that they remain fresh, up to date and entertaining with relevant content, as well as monitoring comments and messages.
- Editing content where necessary to ensuring that the tone is consistent and on-brand.
- Working with sales team to recognise and generate commercial opportunities across our digital portfolio.
- Liaising with clients to create paid-for content across our digital channels, such as advertorial articles, paid partnerships, and social media posts.
- Monitoring and analysing digital performance to improve engagement and revenue opportunities.
- Supporting Digital Coordinator in delivery of client advertising campaigns.
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies and platforms, provided assessments and recommendations for use where appropriate.
Experience and personal qualities
- Minimum 3 years working in a marketing or communications setting with a digital focus.
- Content creation skills, with fundamental experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop image editing.
- Desirable for the candidate to have experience in video content production.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive, good organisational skills and drive to meet deadlines.
- Strong IT skills, with experience in working with content management systems and CRMs.
- Have a willingness to learn and be unafraid to try new things.
This is a full-time post. Usual working hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Some evening and weekend work may be required from time to time.
If you would like to apply for this post, please submit a copy of your CV and a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) to email@example.com or by post to Recruitment, Peebles Media Group, 110 Brook Street, Glasgow, G40 3AP by 5pm on Tuesday 9 March.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place on Tuesday 9 and Tuesday 16 March.